ALMOND MEAL VEGGIE QUICHE
1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Water
What To Do:
1. preheat oven to 180 C.
2. combine the almond meal, salt, baking powder, olive oil and water together in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and mixture forms a dough like texture.
3. press the dough into a round cake tin (or square tin) lined with baking paper.
4. bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden and remove from oven.
(You can make the crust the night before, wrapped it in plastic and then filled it in the morning!)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
1/3 cup fresh basil
1 cup Baby Spinach
1/4-1/2 cup Goat Cheese or Feta (can omit for dairy free)
Salt and Pepper
What To Do:
1. preheat your oven to 180 C.
2. beat together the eggs, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
3. spread the spinach, tomatoes and basil onto your almond crust.
4. pour the beaten eggs over the layers.
5. sprinkle over the cheese.
6. bake for 30-35 minutes, until browned around the edges. Serve warm & enjoy!
In the winter, replace the tomatoes, spinach and basil with mushrooms, kale and thyme for a delicious seasonal variation. Or try roasted veggies such as beetroot, pumpkin or sweet potato. The possibilities are endless!